FieldServer has an extensive protocol library including many LonWorks protocol drivers and LonWorks Gateways.
FieldServer technology enables communication between machines and devices that use non-compatible data protocols, and FieldServers can be found in industrial plants and commercial buildings around the world. Contact Us to learn more about FieldServer solutions.
Examples of LonWorks Solutions from FieldServer Technologies
- QuickServer LonWorks to BACnet/IP Gateway - Cost effective, easy-to-use LonMark Certified gateway to interface LonWorks and BACnet IP. LonWorks device can be used with explicit and/or implicit addressing and can be bound to a maximum of 15 other LonWorks nodes. The QuickServer can handle a maximum of 250 explicitly addressed nodes. The QuickServer currently supports a default of 63 network variable aliases to avoid network variable connection constraints. BACnet COV support for fast data communication while reducing traffic over a BACnet network. QuickServer supports multiple BACnet data types.
- QuickServer LonWorks to BACnet MS/TP Gateway - Proven, cost-effective, LonMark Certified gateway interfacing LonWorks and BACnet MS/TP. Able to interface up to 250 points (500 points with enhanced model) with multi-configuration capability. LonWorks device can be used with explicit and/or implicit addressing and can be bound to a maximum of 15 other LonWorks nodes. QuickServer can transfer data (Network Variables) in two ways, 1) it can poll other devices at a regular interval or 2) can send Network Variable Updates at a regular interval, when data has changed, or, in throttled mode using maximum and minimum sen time and change on delta parameters. QuickServer can be configured by Network Management Tools such as LonMaker. For binding (implicit mode), a Network Management Tool is necessary to create the bindings.
- FS-B35 Series FieldServer LonWorks to Modbus TCP - A multiport, high-capacity, feature-rich, proven LonMark Certified gateway handling up to 1000 points in the basic configuration with Lonworks port plus multiple serial and Ethernet ports. LonWorks data transfer is via two basic functional blocks, Input and Output allowing Float and Word SNVT data types. The FS-B35 series can handle up to 4096 Network Variables which can be LonWorks Standard Network Variable Types (SNVT) and/or User-defined Network Variable Types (UNVT). Can be used with LonWorks explicit and/or implicit addressing and can be bound with up to 15 other LonWorks nodes.
Applications using FieldServer LonWorks solutions :
- LonWorks Interface to Modbus and VESDA aboard U.S. Navy Advanced-Technology Zumwalt Class Destroyers
- Metasys to LonWorks Interoperability at Ft. Huachuca Army Intelligence Center
- Modbus to LonWorks Interface at Custom Home
- LonWorks Interface to BACnet at University of Arizona
LonMark Product Certification
LonMark International is the recognized authority for certification, education, and promotion of interoperability standards for the benefit of manufacturers, integrators and end users. LonMark International has developed extensive product certification standards and tests to provide the integrator and user with confidence that products from multiple manufacturers work together. FieldServer Technologies has more LonMark Certified gateways than any other gateway manufacturer, including the ProtoCessor, ProtoCarrier and ProtoNode for OEM applications and the full featured, configurable gateways including the QuickServer, FS-B2011,and the FS-B3510. For more information about LonMark Certified Products, check out the LonMark International Product Certification Directory.
LonWorks is a protocol developed by Echelon Corporation for manufacturers who wish to use an open protocol with off-the-shelf chips, operating systems, and parts to build products that feature improved reliability, flexibility, system cost, and performance. LonWorks technology is accelerating the trend away from proprietary control schemes and centralized systems by providing interoperability, robust technology, faster development, and scale economies.
A major goal of LonWorks is to give developers, from the same or different companies, the ability to design products that will be able to interact with one another. The LonWorks protocol provides a common applications framework that ensures interoperability using powerful concepts called network variables and Standard Network Variable Types (SNVTs).
In LonWorks Communication between nodes on a network takes place using the network variables that are defined in each node. The product developer defines the network variables when the application program is created as part of the Application layer of the protocol. Network variables are shared by multiple nodes.
The use of Standard Network Variable Types (SNVTs) contributes to the interoperability of LONWORKS products from different manufacturers. If all manufacturers use this variable type in their application when a network variable for continuous level is defined, any device reading a continuous level can communicate with other devices on the network that may be using the variable as a sensor output to initiate an actuator.