FieldServer Technologies provides various technical documents and software with each FieldServer. These include instruction manuals, driver manuals, ENotes, configuration manuals, utility software and more. However it is often handy to have access to more diagnostic information when troubleshooting the FieldServer. There are several third-party technical resources available that are useful for diagnostic tests.
- The CAS BACnet Explorer is used for BACnet/IP, BACnet Ethernet and BACnet MS/TP. It is a valuable utility for testing, debugging and discovering BACnet networks and devices.
- LonMaker is Echelon's premier LonWorks Network Management tool. It is used for browsing, binding and identifying different devices on the LonWorks network. This program is the most complete LonWorks Network Management tool available.
- MG-Soft's MIB Explorer is a comprehensive SNMP client for viewing, exploring, comparing, and exporting MIB modules. It supports collecting TRAPS as well as sending get/set requests to obtain data from the FieldServer's SNMP server.
- ModScan32 is a shareware program that can be used to test Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP. It is a Modbus Client that can be used to poll any Modbus RTU/TCP Server side application for testing. This allows the user to verify correct protocol operation in new or existing systems
- WinPcap is the industry-standard tool for link-layer network access in Windows environments: it allows applications to capture and transmit network packets bypassing the protocol stack, and has additional useful features, including kernel-level packet filtering, a network statistics engine and support for remote packet capture .
- WireShark is a freeware program that is used to capture Ethernet packets on any network. Formerly known as EtherReal, this software captures packets from most Ethernet protocols and displays them for analysis. Diagnosing Ethernet protocols packets and messages are easily done with a capture from this software..